Pages

Friday, April 08, 2011

Keep the old

Apparently you should make new friends, but keep the old, cos one is silver, and the other, gold.

Cheesy wisdom apart, its been the strange story of my life that some of my oldest, and some of my closest friends fall away from the radar. And out of the blue, they come back. I go back? We start.

And its like we never stopped.

Pastry boy is turning the oldest age one can turn :), atleast conceivably, and he is now my sometimes we fondly mail each other friend. I cant write him the way I once would have, being happily married (him) and happily single (me).

But every April, though I do so strongly hate the first few days of the month, I think back to some (many) years ago, to msn messenger, and to barcelona and to the world according to garp.

And I smile and I smile and I smile. And everytime aks has yet another sarcastic comment about skype and relationships, all I can do is tell her shes wrong.

Happy Birthday oldie! Spain calls.




1 comments:

~p.d.~ said...

Being an adult is just a harrowing experience.
This is strangely reminiscent of one of my biggest fears.
Sigh.

Post a Comment