Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Well, hello there

Excuse the hiatus - would you?

In the last 11 days of doing-nothing-ness, I have:

1) Cleaned, organised and sorted out the house I live in to within an inch of my life. Various items, including all pairs of trousers I own and election id cards are still missing. We are awaiting word on their safe existence while I wear the same pair of pink trousers everytime I step out of the house.

2) Got used to the idea of sleeping 14 hours a day.

3) Experimented with everyday household food items and white rum to create cocktails, much like George in the wonderful George's Marvellous Medicine. (roohafza, golgappa paani, rasam, etc).

4) Downloaded Calibre to organise and restore the previous organisation of my kindle collections, which is hopelessly jumbled across devices, id-s, and programs. Been procrastinating on the same.

5) Downloaded some books by Charles Stross - started reading Accelerando which is interesting so far.

6) Received Piketty's 'Capital in the 21st Century' as a gift - along with a lovely legend asking me to please move out the lyrics of Bollywood songs from my head and instead replace them with useful knowledge.

7)   Started to root + install Cyanogen Mod on the spare phone at home. Been procrastinating on the same.

8) Having the voice inside my head do Toby Ziegler's when reading the news.("Bonnie, Ginger" "The BBC
just announced a coup in Thailand.")

9)  Re-watching all of West Wing, by means of a marathon session  - at Season 3 thus far.

10) Setting up a gym in my terrace, which can be accessed by climbing a ladder and then stepping on a split ac unit. Making contact with grease, rags and screwdrivers for the same.

11) Eating and drinking and making merry.


And you thought I was merely being lazy? Pshaw 

0 comments:

Post a Comment