Pages

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

one loss, two loss, big loss, small loss

I am in the middle of some (sigh) drafting, but I had to stop to ask:

Does a big loss make the loss of a smaller loss more bearable such that nothing that is a small loss can ever compare to the loss of a big loss and hence all small losses are little reminders of how lucky you are, or does the big loss associated with the er, big loss, always taint the losses of the small loss, such that all the small losses are nothing but little extensions and supplements of the big loss and all big losses are just uppped versions?
It is dark and there is snow swirling around outside the window. And I have reams to read before I sleep.
If theres anyone here, do you have an answer?

(Except you P, go away, I hate you if you're on hibernation)

3 comments:

Poornima said...

S,
How much ever you hate me for being on hibernation, I can't help it. This is the 'seeking self' time. So..
I don't have an answer to your question. But I read this quote somewhere and I think it may help.
'What looks like a loss may be the very event which is subsequently responsible for helping to produce the major achievement of your life' - Srully Blotnick
Yours hibernating,
P

M said...

I think it just makes you feel like Xena, warrior princess.

As in, in your private conversation with Loss:

You: Bring it, B*tch - throw what you got at me. Feed it with steroids, pump it up, and fling it at me. And I will eat it for breakfast.

Loss: Here.

You: *munch munch*. Next.

;)

M said...

meanie. no refly.

Post a Comment